one2flush..??

Users who are viewing this thread

Donn2390

Reaction score
OK, no one liked the last water saving device I posted, so lets try again.
I want the experts opinion on this little cutie.....?
http://www.one2flush.com/

Attachments

• Dual-Flush-Conversion-Kit-Eco-Friendly-Green-product.jpg
    Dual-Flush-Conversion-Kit-Eco-Friendly-Green-product.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 434
Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
1. An American Standard 6.0 gpf toilet will NOT flush properly with a 1.6 DuoFlush unit in full flush mode.
2. VERY few users will bother trying to figure out which way to flip the handle for a full flush, so there will be a lot of partial flushes, if not ALL of them. It will be like the American Standard "Vent-a-Way" systems. The users seldom, if ever, realized they had to operate the handle in the reverse way for it to function, so it was NEVER really used, even though they paid dearly for the feature on their toilets.
3. I hope he tightened the nut on the bottom more than "hand tight" the way he said he was going to tighten it.
4. That tank to bowl gasket will not always seal properly.
5. When the handle breaks, which most plastic ones do, I hope they are still in business, and the customer has more than one toilet to use while waiting for the new one to be delivered.

SamC

Reaction score
I like the idea of the adjustable flow for the refill tube. Until recently most toilets filled the bowl beyond the designed size of the waterspot determined by the trapway, and simply let the excess water flow down the drain. Controlling the refill tube flow allows the bowl to be filled just to design size and no more, avoiding the waste of water. However, reducing the waterspot to the tiny size pictured in the video, will almost certainly produce a toilet that is smellier in use and requires frequent cleaning.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The American Standard toilet they show REQUIRED that the bowl be as full as possible before flushing, or else you had to double flush it. The problem with a "short flush" is that it does not take much water to refill the tank, so there is not enough water going through the refill to fill the bowl to its "overflow" point.

Being Water

Reaction score
Website
www.beingwater.com
One2flush works

Recently I converted all (14) of the toilets in a local Bed and Breakfast to the One2flush dual flush converter. The results were as I knew they would be. Every toilet that I converted operated well in both the half flush and the full flush. The types of toilets that were converted were American Standard 1.6, Kohler 1.6, Eljer 1.6, Eljer 3.5 and Mansfield 3.5. In all cases the half (or short flush) had a decent swirl and bowl evacuation with less than 1 gallon in the 1.6 models and 1 to 1.2 gallons in the 3.5 models.
There were two toilets that I chose not to convert. First was a Hilo HMAS wall mount from the early 20th century (8' tall) and the second was a 1950's Standard modified to work as a Hi Lo type toilet. The tank was elevated to about 7'. At first I thought this would be a good example of how even old units like this would work well with a dual flush conversion. I proceeded to draw up plans for a modified twin chain handle that would compliment the aesthetics of the two different bath rooms. Next I went to look inside the tanks to see if I would have to do any special internal modifications to get the One2flush to work. I found that the only modification I would have to make was to adapt the 1 1/2" outlet on the Hi Lo to a 2" to work with the One2flush. Easy enough to do. Then I looked at the reality of the situation. There was only a little over 1.5 gallons of water in the tank. I test flushed both of them and saw that they both operated perfectly and probably better than most new dual flush toilets. I was in a quandary as to whether or not to try and improve on some 100 year old technology that worked so good. I opted to not convert the Hi Lo toilets, because it would be a waste of time and energy and would probably not improve the function of such a good design.
My point here is gravity. And the notion that a six gallon American Standard won't work well with a One2flush. If the tank level on the American Standard is kept high, there will be enough water force to start the siphon action with a reduced amount of water. The best we have gotten on this type of toilet is 1.2 gallons on the half flush and the full flush at about 2.5 The only toilet that I have encountered where an over sized bowl is an issue was an old Universal Rundle where the tank was also very low. It didn't flush very good no matter what you did to it. I think the only solution for that toilet is a sledge hammer.

The One2flush works, and works well.

Phanna2001

Hardware Professional
Reaction score
1.The One2flush we installed in a 6.0 gpf American Standard in a Chicago toilet has been functioning perfectly well for a year now.
2.There was a decal included in the easy-to-read box for the toilet lid and a tent card inside the box that could sit on the toilet lid with pictures for guests to see why the handle hangs down instead of horizontally.
3 & 4. I watched an 87 year old replace 2 old rubber flapper valves with One2flush valves in less than an hour last week. I got to hold the tools.
5.This One2flush meets the 2011 California Green Building Standards, has the UPC seal on it and the IAPMO certification that required 75,000 flushes without any handle breaking.
+ At the recent National Hardware Show the One2flush won a gold award and they were introducing another new water-saving product for faucets. One2tap
- hj must be thinking of some other contraption with funnels or levers. Now those are causes for such negativity.

Being Water

Reaction score
Website
www.beingwater.com
Yes I am a dealer and for a reason

Not exactly an objective review there being that you are a dealer....and possibly Phanna as well.
I sell and install these units because I have found them to be trouble free and they work well in most toilets. I have personally tested Selectafush, Hydroright, Twoflush and a variety of other contraptions that don't carry the UPC stamp on them. "At least legitimately". I have had the opportunity to sell all of the others as well and to distribute them at less cost to me with higher profit margins. To reiterate, I sell and install these because they work and work well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks