Whirlpool choices and selection

Users who are viewing this thread

OldRadio99

Reaction score
Here is a topic I did not find addresses.... or at least I did not find it.

In our bathroom remodel, we are replacing a 20 year old whirlpool with a new whirlpool tub. We are going with 36x60.

I am overwhelmed with the choices and brands. Initial choice was an American Starndard from a big box retailer but had problems finding a faucet that would work with this tub. What was nice was the price - $699.

Looking for a deeper tub where deptth to overflow is at least 16 inches.

Looking beyond the big box retailers raised the price dramatically. The current selection is a MAAX Topaz.

So my question is, is there really a difference in quality between a $700 big box tub and a $2000 private label brand? If yes, what should I be looking for? I know motor size is one consideration. But is there a difference in the quality of the acryllic? IS it finish, thickness or ???

WHat have the rest of you installed and how happy were you with the choice?

Thanks

Terry - love this place. :)

Reaction score
Website
www.howardemerson.com
Here is a topic I did not find addresses.... or at least I did not find it.

In our bathroom remodel, we are replacing a 20 year old whirlpool with a new whirlpool tub. We are going with 36x60.

I am overwhelmed with the choices and brands. Initial choice was an American Starndard from a big box retailer but had problems finding a faucet that would work with this tub. What was nice was the price - $699.

Looking for a deeper tub where deptth to overflow is at least 16 inches.

Looking beyond the big box retailers raised the price dramatically. The current selection is a MAAX Topaz.

So my question is, is there really a difference in quality between a $700 big box tub and a $2000 private label brand? If yes, what should I be looking for? I know motor size is one consideration. But is there a difference in the quality of the acryllic? IS it finish, thickness or ???

WHat have the rest of you installed and how happy were you with the choice?

Thanks

Terry - love this place. :)

Cut to the chase and check out Jason Whirlpools. They are made by the Jacuzzi family, and their slogan used to be 'Behind every Jason stands a Jacuzzi'.

http://www.jasoninternational.com/products/default.aspx

When I used to install them they were available with a tile flange on whatever side you needed them on. If you'll be showering in this area, as well as bathing, you want a tile flange, not just something that snaps on.

Regards,
Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks