Delta Crystal Knob Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

ClassicTVMan1981

Reaction score
Happy New Year's Day everybody!

My question to kick off 2014 is this: would any of you know what to do to maintain the clearness of any Delta clear knob handle, like the one on my 642 tub/shower faucet?

The suggestion that is floating in my head is to use Vaseline around the entire Duralac knob. Repeated baths and showers will, without maintenance, destroy the clearness of the knob, making it cloudy.

Thank you,

Ben Edge (ClassicTVMan1981)

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Vaseline? Really?

What is your mind set here?

These knobs will fade with hard cleaning agents.

Fade with hard scrub brushes.

But can come back to looking quite good with a good soak and wipe down. I find cleaning them inside and out best if the fixture is old. I think we bleached one once and it heaped a lot.

Does the shower fixtures see any sun rays? Maybe a better shade will help you out long term.

ClassicTVMan1981

Reaction score
Vaseline? Really?

What is your mind set here?

These knobs will fade with hard cleaning agents.

Fade with hard scrub brushes.

But can come back to looking quite good with a good soak and wipe down. I find cleaning them inside and out best if the fixture is old. I think we bleached one once and it heaped a lot.

Does the shower fixtures see any sun rays? Maybe a better shade will help you out long term.
Delta recommends using these procedures to maintain the clearness of these knobs:

Always blot dry any water from the faucet surface. Allowing water to evaporate on the surface can lead to build up of mineral deposits. Cleaning with a damp, non-abrasive sponge and letting it dry with a clean soft cloth should help keep your product looking beautiful. To remove water spots, use warm water and a soft, damp cloth. Hard water stains may be removed with a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water. Make certain to completely rinse with water afterward.

WHAT TO USE IF ADDITIONAL CLEANING IS REQUIRED (follow manufacturers' directions)
Formula 409 Antibacterial All Purpose Cleaner
Fantastik All Purpose Cleaner
Windex Original Glass Cleaner

WHAT NOT TO USE
Any industrial or abrasive cleaners designed for use on toilet bowls
Green Scotch-Brite scrub sponges
Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner
Lysol Basin Tub Cleaner
Soft Scrub
Tile Cleaner
Harsh abrasives/polishes
Bleach-based cleaners

~Ben

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks