Kitchen sink drain? Plumbing 101

Users who are viewing this thread

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello all,

Friends of mine just had a complete kitchen remodeling and when I saw the sink drain, oh my! I'm not professional plumber but I've done my share of DIY's with my own kitchen remodeling and this I see as problems down the road. I attached this picture here so licensed plumbers can comment and it probably make a good training aid. This home is in Palm Beach County, Florida and this was done by a cabinet and kitchen professional, but he should hire out the plumbing work. He did tell the homeowners that if there are any problems with the dishwasher to let him know. He never connected the power. I must say that the cabinet and tiling work were very good.

IMG_1947.jpg

Guy48065

Reaction score
Being a remodel--wasn't there already a vent pipe?

So much cheapness for what I assume was an expensive job in a pricey home.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
a good example of someone who believed that any one can do plumbing. What is that "black thing" on the water line? It looks like the weight which should be on the faucet's spout hose.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
a good example of someone who believed that any one can do plumbing. What is that "black thing" on the water line? It looks like the weight which should be on the faucet's spout hose.

Not a clue what it is. I looked at another picture I took and even zooming in on it I cannot figure it out. It is not a weight and the faucet hose does have a weight on it. The next time I'm at the house I'll take a look.

Black thing.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks