Have a question concerning kwh stuff :)

Users who are viewing this thread

RealRobD

Reaction score
Okay, so I have this fairly new Maytag window AC unit and I want to figure the rough cost of running it in a certain time frame.

I'm using this calculator here.

I input my kwh rate which is .06 cents, the wattage is 515 and the time frame is 8 hours. Let's just say it never cycles off for the duration to make it simple.

It shows me that it would cost .25 cents to run this unit for 8 hours. Is this right?

Thank you kindly in advance for any input :)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Boy, I'd like to pay only 6-cents/KwHr! FWIW, the thing normally doesn't use the full listed amount for several reasons - it may have the fan running, but the compressor often doesn't run constantly, and the first few seconds usually draw more current than after it's up to speed.

BrianK

Reaction score
Yeah - the delivery charges are more than the energy cost. My contract provides energy at $0.08/kWhr but by the time I get my bill, the total charges amount to almost $0.19 per kWhr. All the other fees, taxes, distribution & transmission charges, and what ever else they can dream up, are the killers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks