Clack WS1 Programming Recomendations

Users who are viewing this thread

farmboy101

Reaction score
Ok, I installed it and other than a few minor drips from the ball valves on my UV light prefilter all works good. I ran 1" pex from the tank Tee to the inlet and 3\4" pex from the outlet to the prefilter\UV light>house infeed. I used sharkbite fittings so I can take it all apart easily.

I am going to replace the brine float with the 2310. I will ask for a # 500 air check.

I have a 3 1\2 " brine well and salt grid setup so I hope it will fit. The supplier said it should. if not I will need a new well tube.

Also the clock will not stay programmed if I unplug it. I have checked the battery CR2032 and it reads 3.10 volts. I cant see an insulator used for shipping but the battery was installed and did not go dead.

Am I missing something??

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it will not hold the programing that you do when the power goes out then there is some thing not right.

farmboy101

Reaction score
If it will not hold the programing that you do when the power goes out then there is some thing not right.

The programming remains intact but the clock needs to be reset everytime. The manual says:

The control valve remembers all settings for up to 8 hours if the power goes out and the battery
is not depleted. After 8 hours, the only item that needs to be reset is the time of day; other values are permanently stored in the nonvolatile memory. If a power loss lasts less than 8 hours and the time flashes on and off, the time of day should be reset and the
non rechargeable battery should be replaced.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ok,

Sounds like some one did not place that plastic devider between the battery and the rest to make sure the battery stayed good.

I thought that there was a resester that was to hold power for a few hours like the SXT control...

farmboy101

Reaction score
Ok,

Sounds like some one did not place that plastic devider between the battery and the rest to make sure the battery stayed good.

I thought that there was a resester that was to hold power for a few hours like the SXT control...

I think that it is still there, the plastic divider thing. I pulled out the battery and tested it for voltage and it reads 3.10 volts. It is a 3 volt battery so it is good. It has been in there how long now and has not gone dead. Why?? I dont know.

I cant see any divider in the battery holder unless you need a microscope :p

Bob999

Reporter
Reaction score
I think that it is still there, the plastic divider thing. I pulled out the battery and tested it for voltage and it reads 3.10 volts. It is a 3 volt battery so it is good. It has been in there how long now and has not gone dead. Why?? I dont know.

I cant see any divider in the battery holder unless you need a microscope :p

Don't mean to be insulting but do you have the polarity correct--see page 18 of the CS manual. If polarity is correct is the battery fully seated in the holder? Have you checked to ensure that is not something in the battery holder preventing full insertion?

If all that checks out you should contact your supplier because it is likely there is a defect.

farmboy101

Reaction score
Don't mean to be insulting but do you have the polarity correct--see page 18 of the CS manual. If polarity is correct is the battery fully seated in the holder? Have you checked to ensure that is not something in the battery holder preventing full insertion?

If all that checks out you should contact your supplier because it is likely there is a defect.

Its a good thing that the battery is pretty easy to see if its properly installed. It is fully seated.

I am contacting the supplier Aquatell.com again for sure now.

The regen today is flashing and the total gallons used is 125. The counter started at 1000 now reads 875. I dont think it should regen already unless the computer board is faulty. I have checked the programming and it looks ok as far as all of the values I entered. I should be able to swap it out myself if they send a new one yes??

Should do a master reset or is that not going to solve anything??

farmboy101

Reaction score
Ok this is flakey. I went out and pulled the battery again to double check polarity and to make sure its fully seated. I spun it a few times in the holder. Then I ran through the programming to double check the values and they all looked good.When I was back at the home screen the regen today was not displayed anymore. I unplugged it a few times and now the clock reads the correct time just like its suppossed to :mad:

I wonder if it will go out again :confused:wait and see I guess...

Bob999

Reporter
Reaction score
Ok this is flakey. I went out and pulled the battery again to double check polarity and to make sure its fully seated. I spun it a few times in the holder. Then I ran through the programming to double check the values and they all looked good.When I was back at the home screen the regen today was not displayed anymore. I unplugged it a few times and now the clock reads the correct time just like its suppossed to :mad:

Sounds as if there is a problem with the battery making proper electrical contact and what ever you did established contact. Clack has a good warranty--5 years in the US. You should confirm what it is in Canada.

You could write a letter to your supplier documenting the behaviour and your steps to resolve it. That way there will be a written record of problems from the beginning if it should occur again.

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com

The battery wasn't making good contact, so like a good DIYer is supposed to, you evaluated, adapted and fixed the problem yourself, HOORAY! No sense in getting :mad: because when you do, you diminish your ability to THINK and then, then ya are running on feelings, and that increases your stress level and wastes time... right? Now you get to enjoy.

You toggle Regen Today On/Off by pushing the Regen button in and letting go. That is explained in the manual....

farmboy101

Reaction score
The battery wasn't making good contact, so like a good DIYer is supposed to, you evaluated, adapted and fixed the problem yourself, HOORAY! No sense in getting :mad: because when you do, you diminish your ability to THINK and then, then ya are running on feelings, and that increases your stress level and wastes time... right? Now you get to enjoy.

You toggle Regen Today On/Off by pushing the Regen button in and letting go. That is explained in the manual....

Well it seems to working ok so far. I did toggle regen off when I was checking the programming and it has not come back on. The gallons are counting down and the clock keeps set time if I unplug it.

I as frustrated a little but like you said no point getting mad. The water is nice and soft so it was definitely worth the effort to do it myself plus I saved a ton of money :D and learned a lot.

I have found Super Iron Out up here so its easy to get at the local hardware store.

I did email Aquatell and told them the trouble I was having so it is documented for future reference in case this acts up again.

I still need to replace the brine float with a 2310 \#500 air check.

farmboy101

Reaction score
New Circuit Board

I did email Aquatell and told them the trouble I was having so it is documented for future reference in case this acts up again.

They emailed me on Friday and said they were shipping me a new circuit board. I think thats pretty good service for a Internet dealer. I will keep y'all posted. :)

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
They emailed me on Friday and said they were shipping me a new circuit board. I think thats pretty good service for a Internet dealer. I will keep y'all posted. :)
And many people here and on other forums think internet dealers are all no good and don't provide service. That's because of their anti DIYer and anti internet dealer agendas.

I have have had a couple customers have the same problem. Cleaning the battery of fingerprints etc. solves the problem.

You don't need a new board and IMO you should refuse the delivery and email to tell them why. There was no reason to email them about the hiccup anyway and they will greatly appreciate your honesty and you. Maybe if you email them they can stop the shipment which will save them money and the effort.

Last edited:

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Who has said one single anti diy thing here? Who has said anything disparaging about online dealers? I have not read one single anti anything here. Just opinions and some pretty good advice.

farmboy101

Reaction score
And many people here and on other forums think internet dealers are all no good and don't provide service. That's because of their anti DIYer and anti internet dealer agendas.

I have have had a couple customers have the same problem. Cleaning the battery of fingerprints etc. solves the problem.

You don't need a new board and IMO you should refuse the delivery and email to tell them why. There was no reason to email them about the hiccup anyway and they will greatly appreciate your honesty and you. Maybe if you email them they can stop the shipment which will save them money and the effort.

I have read a lot about Internet softener dealers not being reputable and I was merely trying to say that this company stands behind what they sell. I understand that Clack is trying once again to shut down INTERNET sales and I disagree with that totally. Might even tell them that.

I have been repairing and building computers since 1996 and it has been my experience that if a component is faulty and causes intermittent problems and operation you replace the component and or board in this case. I have replaced dozens of circuit boards, motherboards included because of 15 cent capacitors etc. I do not want problems down the road so best to deal with it now imho.

They may be able to test\repair the board and reuse it but usually its cheaper for them to replace it.

This board is a fantastic resource for the diy'er and made my setup possible to do. Thanks everyone.:)

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Farmboy, I buy a lot of computer and electronic stuff from internet dealers. In fact a lot of the stuff is only available online. My wife runs a huge online business. I don't understand the above comments. Did you perceive that anyone said anything anti online dealer or anti diy here?

farmboy101

Reaction score
Farmboy, I buy a lot of computer and electronic stuff from internet dealers. In fact a lot of the stuff is only available online. My wife runs a huge online business. I don't understand the above comments. Did you perceive that anyone said anything anti online dealer or anti diy here?

Wally, I think I am being misunderstood. This board and Gary's are were I didn't find that sort of anti on-line\diy attitude. I was being sarcastic towards those people who take that attitude on other sites on the INTERNET. Before I came to this board I didnt think it was possible to buy and install a softener and down the road be able to repair and maintain it. I was under the belief that I needed to call the Kinetico man and pay mucho $$ etc like I had in the past. I buy everything I can online and think it has really helped the common man do things that a few years ago would have been impossible. You are right as to things only being able to be found online cause it seems everthing I am looking for nobody has or can get if they have ever heard of it... :p

I hope this clears it up. If not let me know and I will try some more splainin :D

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I was asking because a couple of posts back Gary threw the anti diy/dealer comment out there and I just plain have not seen it on this thread at all and was wondering if you felt that way also

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Until just the last few 3-4 months this forum and others here was filled with anti DIYer and anti Gary Slusser types that have been banned; some numerous times with various names. Wally and Bob999 know all about that, it went on for a number of years until last summer/fall when one of the prime instigators, a Kinetico salesman from NW Oh and others were banned and all his and some others' posts were deleted. He and the others have gone to every forum I post in and stirred confrontation as best they can in an attempt to have me banned. They disagree with and complain about most everything I say or do like little kids; personal name calling and ridicule included. All I do is comment on or question what they say and off they go into what you are seeing in this thread and others.

Here's a link as an example;
https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?36670-Need-capacity-size-advice

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks