Gerber Ultra Flush 21-302 - Flushing Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

scooter2

Reaction score
I have a Gerber Ultra Flush (#21-302) that is ~12 years old. It is beginning to show symptoms of a flushing problem. Oftentimes, the first flush makes a lot of noise and moves a little water, but is not sufficient to do the job. A second flush is required after letting the system recharge. It appears that this happens most often after a long layover between flushes, as if it is "losing its charge". If the toilet is used once and then used again after a few minutes, this problem does not occur (i.e., only 1 flush is needed).

Questions: (a) How long should I expect this type of toilet to last? (b) Is it possible to guess what might be the problem? Any suggestions on how to further diagnose? (c) Can I perform the fix myself?

Thanks,
Scott

scooter2

Reaction score
Thank you. Any gut feel for what is wrong?

By the way, you look like James Roday from the TV show "Psych".

Scott

Attachments

• psych.jpg
    psych.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 702

elgato

Reaction score
What ever happened here?

I have the same problem. I have replaced the cartridge and cleaned the vent valve.

Scott

Flushmate
Reaction score
Website
www.flushmate.com
What ever happened here?

I have the same problem. I have replaced the cartridge and cleaned the vent valve.

Could be air-draw/retention related to the upper supply group or, depending on the age and model number/serial number a potential reliability issue. You can check the serial number against a ten year old product advisory at http://www.flushmate.com/ProductAdvisory/productadvisory.asp?id=2.

If the serial number doesn't indicate a potential problem, Flushmate tech support can help you pinpoint the most likely cause. You can call the number on the tank (east coast business hours) or send an email through the Web site.

Hope this helps.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks