Hose Bib - Slow to Flow

Users who are viewing this thread

keithplumb

Reaction score
I moved into a house built in 1997 and one of the annoying things was a hose bib off my garage that would sometimes turn on when the water turned on, and sometimes you would have to wait a few seconds to a few minutes for the water to flow.

This and a little drip annoyed my, so I ripped out the old one and of course decided to upgrade the ball valve back in the garage to a quarter turn and redid everything. All new hardware so I figured this issue along with a few drips would be fixed. Well the drips were fixed but not the "slow to flow" issue. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? I searched the forum to no avail.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Are you on a well? If so, any chance air is getting in the line and ending up there?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks