IM JUST A GIRL!!!! with no money

Users who are viewing this thread

stra8up3

Reaction score
I'm on a well, ever since 1989. I had just had electrical problems with the entire house breaker box after fixing that. The next morning I woke up to hear a loud sound from the control panel on the well. I found a burnt connection so I replaced the whole plastic strip of connections. Then after plugging it all back in, I'm only able to at the beginning a little sound for a short time. So, I tested for power at all components & connections and everthing is getting juice. Does this mean that I need a new pump? If so, how do I lift it out? Because it is real heavy, though, I am strong I am a female and I am only able to lift it a few inches. PLEASE NEED HELP

Last edited:

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
I found a burnt connection so I replaced the whole plastic strip of connections.
Then after plugging it all back in, I'm only able to at the beginning a little sound for a short time.
???

Does this mean that I need a new pump*?
If so, how do I lift it out? Because it is real heavy, though, I am strong I am a female and I am only able to lift it a few inches.** PLEASE NEED HELP

*Depending on how long the pump had to work on lower-than-normal voltage. It'll work or it won't work or it's life has been shortened.

**http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_advantage

stra8up3

Reaction score
got the thing out finally. it was about 90 feet deep. It is froze. now I have to find another one. I have an idea where there might be one

stra8up3

Reaction score
thank you much. I had help we used a cherry picker and a chain hoist.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
I hope your house elec. probs are fixed so the new pump doesn't get overstressed.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
good point, I'll have to check to voltage going to the pump
Equally important is the source resistance.
If an outlet is at the end of 50' of #14 copper and you plug in a hair dryer (10A) the voltage should drop no more than ~2.6v due to the non-zero source resistance.
Leon Charles Thevenin came up with this "equivalent impedance" idea.

The voltage drop spec'n for pump motors may be 1%, 3% or 5% of the rated voltage. This info should come with the pump install instructions.
Motors don't like high source impedance; when they demand more current to meet an increase in the load the voltage drops in the upstream resistance and the motor heats up and its life gets shorter.

Did you know that women (and, I guess, girls) have been proven, over and over again, to be biologically superior to "that other gender"? So, Eve was more highly evolved than Adam.

Last edited:

stra8up3

Reaction score
well, Iim going to copy, paste, & print the information that you wrote as to make sure that it is all checked out. Right now we are still looking for a pump.

stra8up3

Reaction score
Well i have gotten the pump out

I have gotten the well pump and motor out of the ground and had to buy a new moter. The pump seems dry. Is there any way to lubricate it??

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks