Low Low water pressure at camp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mrcrowley

Reaction score
I did not see answer here that covered my problem or I just did read that far. Anyways I have a camp up in north new hampshire and we shut the water pump off each time we leave the camp. Well we have not been up there in about four month's this time we went up and there was no water flow at all after I turned the water pump on .( I should tell you it is a house really we call it a camp so it has code plumbing) after ten minite's the water comes on but not much pressure at all not enough to take a shower and this problem applys to hot water to any ideas on how to fix it?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Do you mean it applies ONLY to the hot water or both hot and cold...

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'll take a wild guess that there is a low spot in the supply line coming from the well and it has frozen. If this is true, then in the future when you drain the lines, you will need to use compressed air to blow that low spot out.

Mrcrowley

Reaction score
I'll take a wild guess that there is a low spot in the supply line coming from the well and it has frozen. If this is true, then in the future when you drain the lines, you will need to use compressed air to blow that low spot out.

Ok no low spot the main line is below freeze mark about 6 feet then into celler which is heated it is a in line water pump at bottom of well. The expansion tank(i think that is what it is ) is in line to the main shut off valve. The only part we drain is the second phase we only use that bathroom when we have guest's.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I would recommend continuing the diagnosis by recording the pressure at the pressure switch when the pump turns on, and then when the pump turns off. The pressure switch should be located near the pressure tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks