Name these Totos

Users who are viewing this thread

praycop

Reaction score
Please help me identify the model of these toilets. These are pics taken by Craigslist seller.

Is there enough room to feed water supply line behind the toilet? If facing the toilet the supply is plumbed on the left, these toilets look like the supply is on the right, under tank. I have a 12" rough in. The seller wants $225 for both.
thank you

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The C874 is a Carlyle, MS874114S
The C884 is a Carolina MS887114

Looking at the front, the water supply would be on the left, at least 7" to the left of center.

From the pictures I can't tell if you would be getting the bolt covers on the side of the bowl or the required Unifit adapter with the toilets.

praycop

Reaction score
The C874 is a Carlyle, MS874114S
The C884 is a Carolina MS884114

Looking at the front, the water supply would be on the left, at least 7" to the left of center.

From the pictures I can't tell if you would be getting the bolt covers on the side of the bowl or the required Unifit adapter with the toilets.

Dang your good!

praycop

Reaction score
Terry,

I think I scored big time for these two toilets ($250 for both). I picked them up last night. One of them needs basically all the guts for the inside and the Unifit adapters came with them but are used. I might just buy new ones. Do I buy the Korky with flapper parts or the "Fits Toto" valve and separate flapper?

Thanks again Terry,
Rob

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, I don't know it that was such a great deal for two used toilets, but you will need a Toto flush valve and flapper, not generics. I don't know if Lavelle ( Korky ) makes a "will fit" but if you get an iffy flapper, you will have iffy performance.

praycop

Reaction score
Well, I don't know it that was such a great deal for two used toilets, but you will need a Toto flush valve and flapper, not generics. I don't know if Lavelle ( Korky ) makes a "will fit" but if you get an iffy flapper, you will have iffy performance.

Jimbo...given the cost for new ones it seemed like a good buy, these were used for a year then stored in garage for several, oh well, there mine now. Korky does make one but their website doesn't have a shopping side to it. I went to HD, ACE, and LOWES but they don't carry the Toto version.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Korky has the quietfill valve that will work on the Toto.
The original Toto by Korky has a bit more supply for the bowl fill.
That's why I suggest repair and not replacement. The repair cap is $2.50 at Lowes. Lowes, at least around here also carries the 3" Korky flapper for Toto. Around $9.99

There is nothing wrong with a used Unifit adapter. Just clean them up and reuse.

Jimbo,
I sell the Carlyle for $518 and the Carolina for a little more.

Probedude

Reaction score
Anyone know which one this is?

This is the Toto in one of my bathrooms. Came with the house when I bought it 6 years ago - don't know the model of it but would like to figure out what the MaP would have been for this toilet (model may not have been around for the initial MaP testing) in comparison to the Toto Eco Drake elongated that I've ordered.
Anyone know what model Toto this is? All I see is a label on one side saying that this is a 1.6GPF qualified toilet.

TIA,
Dave

Toto CST703, not 723, I was thinking 703 and my fingers typed 723,
Washdown flush, with 2" flush valve. This was their builder grade model, I've sold maybe ten of these.
These don't work anything like the Drake.
Terry

Probedude

Reaction score
Terry said:
Toto CST703
Washdown flush, with 2" flush valve. This was their builder grade model, I've sold maybe ten of these.
These don't work anything like the Drake.
Terry

Thanks Terry!

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
You sure that's not a CST703.
MaP test on CST703 is 550

http://www.cityofaustin.org/watercon//downloads/cst703.pdf

The CST723 is the Promenade, different trip lever design, higher tank and ripples on the tank and base of bowl.
http://www.totousa.com/parts manuals/p_CST723_0506.pdf

CST723_zoom.jpg

CST723 Promenade

Probedude

Reaction score
You sure that's not a CST703.
MaP test on CST703 is 550

http://www.cityofaustin.org/watercon//downloads/cst703.pdf

The CST723 is the Promenade, different trip lever design, higher tank and ripples on the tank and base of bowl.
http://www.totousa.com/parts%20manuals/p_CST723_0506.pdf

I think you're right Peanut. I saw the different lip at the base but thought that maybe there's a few different Promenade models or that it was changed recently vs mine which is at least 6-7 years old.

550 Map though, that's good! Explains why it's been troublefree these past 6 years I've had it. It was only because of this unit's troublefree operation that I was searching for another Toto (just got the Eco Drake).

I remember the first time I looked at it I thought "Toto, now that's a silly name" then went off and found that they're quite respected and desireable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks