neo angle shower drain question

Users who are viewing this thread

johnnyhomeowner

Reaction score
i have remodeled my bathroom and its time to reconnect the shower drain
when i was tearing out i cut off the shower drain about 6 inches from the waste pipe tha the toilet and shower go in and capped it off til i was done
my question is when the pipe leaves the shower i know it goes down to a p-trape then over to the waste pipe
how far down from the drain do i put the p-trape
and what amount of fall do i need from the trap to the waste pipe
any help would be greatly appreciated

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
how far down from the drain do i put the p-trape
There is no set depth for the p-trap to be. Just make it comfotable for you to work with. It also depends on the elevation of your branch line (main drain where it connects to)

and what amount of fall do i need from the trap to the waste pipe
General rule of thumb, 1/4" per foot or 2% slope

johnnyhomeowner

Reaction score
so the fall on the drain line would set the p-trap distance
the main drain is about 6 inches from the ground
from the drain to the subfloor is about 24 inches
from the drain to the main drain is 4 foot
so i need to get the drop right from shower drain to main drain then p-trap and straight up to shower drain?

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
so i need to get the drop right from shower drain to main drain then p-trap and straight up to shower drain?
This 1/4" per foot applies from the P-trap to the vent. After that, you can have the drain going verticle if you wanted. The vent has to be within 5' of the p-trap

Attachments

• Shower drain.JPG
    Shower drain.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 575
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks