PVC Water line and underground electric

Users who are viewing this thread

Steven Palmisano

Reaction score
I ran a sprinker line from my well...the same well that feeds the house. When I trenched I ran an electric run to the shed using the same trench used by the PVC water run. I used underground electric wire. My well has it's own breaker. Is/was this ok?

Thanks

Last edited:

Raucina

Reaction score
Its okay. I have a well with the wire INSIDE the water line to the house. But thats another story.

Steven Palmisano

Reaction score
Raucine...Thanks for the response but your wiring seems very weird to me...who would do something like that? So, if the wire some how is hit, it will not send electric to the water sending a shock to the me, say if I am showering?

Thanks

R

Rancher

who would do something like that?
Raucina... he's a very inovative guy. What kind of fitting did you use to exit the pvc pipe?

So, if the wire some how is hit, it will not send electric to the water sending a shock to the me, say if I am showering?
Well no, probably not... remember there are wires down the well to the submersible pump already, I had one wear thru by rubbing on the well casing, and I'm still here.

Rancher

Raucina

Reaction score
For the entrance and exit fitting, I finally decided on the wires running straight out through a SS tee, and the water flow through the el portion of the tee. Where the wires came out the 1" tee, I bushed it and extended it with 1/2" for 2 more inches. Packed that exit point with epoxy putty and then inverted the tee and filled the exit point from the inside, through the future water flow point through the tee. That was a standard epoxy that flowed around the wires and filled the whole end of the tee. Be sure to wire brush and clean with acetone first. Pretty cheap and easy.

It works, and due to a flawed test switch, the pressure went up to about 175psi for quite some time, giving a severe test. A pressure relief valve kept it from going higher. The hard part was pulling the wire through the poly pipe - blew a pull rope through 300' with water using a home made foam plug- and then pulled the wire run. This was done to make a rugged canyon pipe and wire installation easier, but in terms of human BTU's expended, a seperate run of conduit down the hill might have been easier.

Restraint of the pipe became an issue because its a surface run. It wants to slide down the canyon.... Made some clamp blocks that grab the pipe O.D. and wired it to a few large oaks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks