Toto Leaky Fill Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

wtreedy

Reaction score
I recently installed a Toto UltraMax toilet. The toilet works fine. However, the fill valve starts to leak after a week or so. It will shut the water off at the appropriate level. Then a slow leak will occur and the water level will slowly rise until it leaks into the overflow tube after 10 to 15 minutes. I have replaced the fill valve twice, but all three fill valves have this problem. The problem does not begin until the fill valve has been in the toilet for more than a week. I have tried to adjust the height level ever so slightly, but this does not stop the leak.

What is the problem?

How do I fix it?

Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Are you on a well? You might have crud (sand, etc.) that is getting into the gasket. You can replace the cap which contains the seal for about $2, and while you have it off, check it for crud.

Instructions here

These valves work fine with any legal water pressure.
Anything over 80 PSI needs a pressure reducer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might want to try a different brand of fill valve. Could be your water pressure is too high for this one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks