Special Fitting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe J

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am in the process of a complete remodel of my 3/4 bath. I have encountered an unusual PVC Y fitting. It is a 7 1/2 long, 3x4x2 y. The 4" section connects to the old 4" cast iron but it is labeled Permafit and has the # 45174 on it. Is this a special sleeve or a special Y fitting? I googled Permafit and Colonial Engineering and could not find anything. Extra space is nonexistant so I must find a replacement. Please advise.
Respectfully,
Joe

macleod

Reaction score
Try a local plumbing/ pipe supply house, look at Nibco website

Joe,

I also encountered an unusual fitting in my bathroom remodel. You can try looking up the fitting on a manufacturer website like Nibco - www.nibco.com, they make plastic fittings.

I found that to actually buy the fitting, I could not go to HD or Lowes, I had to go to a couple of pipe supply stores until I found one that did enough volume to stock the part I needed, a 4" elbow with low heel vent inlet.

In my area, Ferguson was that store - I think they are a nationwide chain of plumbing supply houses. If you take the fitting into the store, they may be able to help you. This is definitely one area where the service at a plumbing supply house is worth it. Plus, they may have doughnuts if you go early enough. ;)

good luck,

Jason MacLeod

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks