ice maker hose problem

Users who are viewing this thread

30all

Reaction score
I installed a leak-proof (bought at HD) steel braid 1/4" hose to connect ice maker in refrig. For some reason, no water flows through hose to refrigerator. It looks like water is stopped by 'leak proof' lock at water supply even I don't have a leak downstream, How I can fix it??
Thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are you using a saddle valve to tap into you water supply. If so, that's most likely the problem. Most of us throw those saddle valves away and use a ball valve with adaptors to attach copper tubing to go to the ice maker. Another possibility is that a gasket in the end of the hose is messed up and blocking it.

30all

Reaction score
I did not use saddle valve, the hose is connect to 1/4" ball valve stop soldered to 1/2" copper. I'm sure is has something to do with that leak proof thingy where blocked water flow.

E

elvisclock

If it is a flood safe hose than that is most likely the problem. It seems that they are prone to the problem like you are having/

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
hose

If you used a flood proof hose, you must turn the valve on slowly, or it will think the hose burst and shuts it off. To get it flowing again you have to turn off the valve, then loosen the hose from the valve to relieve the pressure, then turn the valve on very slowly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks