Washer Drain - Relocating to 2nd Floor Closet

Users who are viewing this thread

shoo fly

Reaction score
I'm moving my washer/dryer from the basement up into a second floor closet in my 1920's home. The closet is next to a full bathroom and the supply and drain lines for the bathroom have easy access from he closet through a big access panel. I want to tie into these supply and drain lines for the washer.

Supply is no problem, but I'm concerned about the drain. What I want to do is use a fernco coupling attached to the barrel trap shown in the attached pictures and pipe the washer stand pipe with 1.5" or 2" pvc. Washer drain line would have its own trap but no vent.

Please let me know if this will work, and if not, please recommend a solution.

Take a look:

http://homepage.mac.com/cordonnier/closetlaundry/PhotoAlbum12.html

Casman

Reaction score
I'd wait for the pros to chime in, the answer is no you can't do that and more likely than not you will need a seperate drain and vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks