Supreme vs. Ultimate vs. UltraMax

Users who are viewing this thread

dzd9fy

Reaction score
In the process of planning for the next bathroom remodel, and wanted to confirm what I have read elsewhere here on the forum [which by the way is awesome!]. Other than the physical heights, what is the difference between the Supreme, Ultimate and UltraMax? From what I read previously the Supreme is an UltraMax with a lower tank? If so, are they both G Max? And then where does the Ultimate fit in?

Due to the size of the room, to maintain 18" in front of the toliet will be installing a 12" rough in Round Bowl. Prefer the looks of the Supreme as the room is so small and looks better with a low profile tank, however I even more concerned with the capability of the flush as this is a 1/2 bath off the kitchen that gets lots of visitor use. Really want to stick with a one piece to keep it clean.

When we remodeled our master bath 4 years ago G Max was an upgrade from the Ultimate to the Ultra Max, hence the confusion.

Thanks!

dzd9fy

Reaction score
Terry,
Thanks for the clarification. So what has changed since your posting of 7-15-2005?
Is there a different low profile round bowl that you would recommed that perfoms better? Thanks!

closer

Reaction score
wow... I've been pricing the Ultimate and Ultramax round whites here in Ontario and am aghast at the difference in prices both between the two models and from US pricing...

best I've come up with so far is Ultimate = $465 and UltraMax = $710

is this the norm for pricing on these two units up here... if so why the big difference up here between models

closer

Reaction score
what would be the reason for the $250 price difference... it certainly doesn't appear to be that big a gap in the US!

I think the Ultimate is rated at 400 and the Ultramax at 700 while the Drake (perhaps for another bathroom) is rated at 900... we have one bathroom where the toilet is a really slow flusher, almost to the point of clogging up... have taken it apart and checked the pipes but no apparent obstructions... it sits back to back with a toilet in another room that flushes just fine... that's probably why I was looking at the UMax as opposed to the UMate... more fulshing power with the Gmax system... or so I thought

I suppose I could alwasy install the UMate in the non-flushers room and hope for the best... then if it didn't work, I could up the ante for the UMax?!?

is there much difference in the noise level of the flush in these two units?

do you thin I should still go for the UMate then? or would I be better off getting a Drake (900 rating) as a replacement for the poor flusher?

BTW... do you have a franchise or anything up here in Eastern Canada... you've been very helpful!

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I had the elongated Ultimate installed for a year, no problems.
I don't know whey they would charge $250 Canadian more for it.
I would take the $250 saved and apply it to the next one.

dzd9fy

Reaction score
What is the physical differences in the units? It looks like they all share the same lower end....

closer

Reaction score
dzd9fy said:
What is the physical differences in the units? It looks like they all share the same lower end....

the UltraMax has the GMax flushing unit in it and is rated at 700 on the MaP scale as opposed to the Ultimate which is more of a regular flusher (Gravity?) and is rated at 400... both have the same dimensions (or are really close)... narrow profile at the back... and from my understanding neither can be insulated for condensation problems due to the small size of the tank

Last edited:

dzd9fy

Reaction score
What exactly then is the G max? Is it a mechanical part that can be interchanged after the fact, which would then increase the performance?

Just wondering, as we will be going with a Supreme due to appearance, but if we have problems with the flush would then want to upgrade the mechanical aspects.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's the overall design of the water path through the toilet, it is not a retrofit - it is the toilet. You can use any standard fill valve, but should use the prescribed flapper valve to ensure it dumps the specified amount of water.

sulfur

Reaction score
Ultimate MaP Scores

Hi I'm just wondering, should I be concerned about the *low* MaP scores the Ultimate received? I believe it was only 325 for the EL version, and 400 for the RF, which are much much lower than the Drake at 900 as somebody has already pointed out?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For some reason, even the Toto Ultimate elongated works well in a home.
There is something about the trapway that just seems to work for home use.
I had one for a year, and then gave it to one of my workers.
It's still working out very well.

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Maybe the Ultramax Closer was looking at was an SG model. The G stands for CEFIONTECT. That could help explain the cost difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks