How to set up plumbing for a horse farm

Users who are viewing this thread

heyitsme33

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to have a small training farm in my back yard (one or two horses/ponies) and I would like to get running water in my barn. There is an outside pump to water flowers etc. but I dont know how I should go about this. Hire someone? Have my dad to it?
Thanks!
Sarah

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You haven't given us anywhere near enough information to help much. You say there is an "outside pump" to supply water for irrigating flowers. Is this a well? What kind of pump? Making a connection to a water source and running a line is a little more involved than just laying down some pipe and cutting in a tee. :confused:

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do It Yourself on a Farm

If you are going to own a pump and a farm you should learn to do things like that, even if it is a little slow to start.

Dads are there to help. You should work with him to get the job done. I consider it one of the responsibilities of being a dad to teach and help my kids with such stuff.

So far I have helped build two fences, one deck with hot tub, one storage shed, and one floor tiling job; in addition to miscellaneous wiring and other projects. I told the two boys that they should help their sister when she gets her own house.

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Bob.. I second that! My son was a slow student in school. Definitely a kid with A.D.D. When he was about 12 we built a tree house one weekend.. he learned excellent carpentry skills. When he was 14 I opened a pet shop and he helped me rennovate the building. I took him with me to rennovate my mom's rental houses. Neither of us ever had a job working for a plumbing company. I now am a licensed master plumber and rather than moving up to the lake with me he opted to stay at our old home. He now makes more money than I ever made and is working for a big time plumbing repair company.... learn every skill you can..some day it will really come in handy. BTW... my son is a pretty good mechanic too... I grew up in a garage and passed the nuts and bolts along to my son... it was like we had our own vocational/tech school right at home.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks