Connecting utility sink drain in basement

Users who are viewing this thread

joey024

Reaction score
I'm stumped on how to connect a utility sink drain. Any ideas on how to tie into the 3" shown in the attached pic? I had a contractor look at this and he said I would have to remove foundation and tie in under the Y. He said he would tie into 2" in an adjacent bathroom... for $2200. I don't want that draining in another area if I can avoid it. Any ideas/insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• drain.jpg
    drain.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 942

joey024

Reaction score
plumbing utility sink

Sorry about the picture size. I resized the picture--let's see how it looks now.

Attachments

• drain.jpg
    drain.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,570

joey024

Reaction score
Still a huge picture. Don't know what to think of that. I just right-click the picture and 'view-image'. It is then normal size. I rotated it for accuracy. Any help on how I can run that utility drain into the stack is appreciated.

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Ahhhh... now I understand the picture! That's a tough one. If it were for me I'd rig that baby... if it were for a customer I'd have to look for another place or do some serious re-arranging of the plumbing. If you can't find anothe place to run that drain to then they "Y" needs to come out to put a tee in then go up with another tee or y so you can put in a cleanout. This stuff can be aggrivating... can't it?

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cut the wye off, leaving the hub on. Make a couple of slices in the hub and chisel it off. Install a 3x 1-1/2" tee. Then install another wye and you are back in business. As long as that stack terminates above the roof, you'll be o.k, you just made a big vet vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks