New shower trim wallplate doesn't cover shower wall hole

Users who are viewing this thread

ax77

Reaction score
I have an old price pfister shower trim that I'm trying to replace. I bought a new price pfister trim so i wouldn't need to replace the valve, but the new trim has a circular wallplate and the old one is octogonal wallplate and when i tried to install the new one i saw that it didnt completely cover the hole in the shower wall. The walls are cultured marble so replacing them is out of the question and i really dont want to buy another wallplate. I'm sure if i could find some sort of stainless ring/washer thats a bit bigger in diameter, i could place it under the new wallplate to cover the hole completely but i dont know how to go about looking for something like this. does anyone know if something like this exists?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Wall plates like that are readily available and any good plumbing supply. Around here, everyone calls them "Smitty Plates". Never knew the reason. The official name is probably "remodel plate". Anyway, it is available.

ax77

Reaction score
I looked up remodel plates but I cannot find any round ones. Do you where i could find round remodel plates?
thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks