Hot water dispenser leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Joerg

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

While fixing another leak I noticed that the Insinkerator hot water dispenser is a bit wet underneath. Searched the web, found there was a recall, unplugged it and now waiting for the kit. The recall said there is a fire risk if the tank leaks but all they send out seems to be a piece of plastic insulation. Question: How can the tank leak? Is there a "neuralgic point" on those things that tends to leak or is the thing pretty much shot?

I could take it all out but it's really tight in there and without losing 30-40 pounds I have a very hard time squeezing in there. Checked the three top connections and the drain plug, all dry.

Regards, Joerg.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Do you know how old the unit is and if it is under warranty?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
dispenser

Probably time to scrap it, or at least get a new tank. If you get just the tank, be sure to ask how to convert from the old lines to the new tank because there are differences.

Joerg

Reaction score
Hello HJ, Cass,

It's at least 10 years old. So maybe it is indeed time for a new one. I don't mind the expense but I do mind squeezing down in there. That typically results in back pain :(

I just thought there was some area where they "usually" leak. Like some TV sets in the olden days where you could almost fix them in your sleep because it was always the same capacitor that blew.

Regards, Joerg.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks