ASSE 1016/1017 issue with bath hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

Dhoerl

Reaction score
My NJ plumbing inspector just told me I need to have a ASSE 1016 mixing valve on my new whirlpool tub hot water line. I just spend a lot of time and effort to get 3/4" high flow lines into the bathroom so I could fill the tub quickly, and those mixing valve severely limit the flow.

It looks like I can do better if I get a AEE 1017 supply side mixing valve as these units have higher flow ratings.

However, I cannot find any line to the UPC code that requires 120 degree or less for bath tub lines.

Does a ASSE 1017 certified mixing valve at the water heater meet this requirement?

David

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sometimes inspectors just tell you what they feel like telling you. In this case he may be asking you to put in a mixing valve based on requirements for showers, but that is usually take care of by the shower control.

You have a right to ask the inspector to cite the code section upon which the order is based.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks