Plumbing Experts: Choosing bathroom faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

PlumbSolve

Reaction score
Hansgrohe and grohe were brothers who parted ways. In my country Cobra were a household name. The faucets in the States look overly complicated. Grohe and Cobra are now under the same umbrella company. I fit alot of all three products. Grohe is made in many places ,China being one .They are all excellent products and all have dzr brass by law.
There is nothing complicated about our taps(faucets) and there is some smart engineering involved.All come with a ten year warrantee.
Kohler was introduced to our country but could not pass our strict local bylaws and I cant fit them because the water inspector will not accept them.
I cant get a house signed off and they are now leaving our shores.

PlumbSolve

Reaction score
grohe.jpg

A big part of my work is making spares for obsolete parts .I had a challenging job where Grohe brought out a shower mixer that was designed for a bath,not a shower. You could use it for a shower but then you would have to take the shower outlet from the bottom and plumb it up to the shower rose.
Alot of the plumbers assumed it was for a shower and the result was that when the shower was tiled and commisioned the handle would have to be up to shut the water off.

Our plumbing is chased in brickwork and not in dry wall so the only way to fix this would be to chop.
I was asked to come up with a solution and so I made this jig (steel block).On the right you can see the brass discs. What they do is turn the water around in the disc so all you have to do is insert the disc and it would turn the handle the right way round. The body on the right has no disc and the body on the left has the disc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks