help finding OEM flapper for 1.6GPF Crane Classic

Users who are viewing this thread

cjs1996

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I recently moved and my new home has a Crane toilet, model 3434 (bowl) & 3437 (tank). I believe this is part of Crane's "Classic Collection" line. It is spec'd to be a 1.6GPF toilet.

I think the previous owners of the house replaced the flapper with a generic flapper from a hardware store. I think it may be wasting water because it closes very late. How do I find the appropriate OEM replacement (or equivalent) flapper to help ensure I'm actually getting a true 1.6 gallon flush?

The only thing I can find on the Crane site is a complete flush valve assembly. How do I find just the flapper? I guess I could call Crane but thought I'd check here first.

Does any one know the model number of the flapper I need? I see several generic "for Crane" flappers on various sites but I'm not sure if they're actually the one I need.

And replacing it is not an option, it works fine and I have 2 other 3.5GPF monsters to replace first. :)

Thanks,
Chris

cjs1996

Reaction score
Cass:

Thanks for the Korky link. Their "crane" replacement flapper still seems like a one size fits all flapper for older crane toilets. I wonder if might be better off with the Korky 1.6 flapper which is supposedly specifically for post 1995 1.6GPF toilets, which I think mine is.

Plumber1:

Because the flapper is starting to leak and I need a replacement. I don't want another cheap generic flapper that wastes water unnecessarily (by not closing soon enough).

Thanks for the replies.
Chris

cjs1996

Reaction score
I purchased the Korky 1.6 and it works great. It's an added bonus that I can 'fine-tune' how soon it closes since the flapper has an adjustment. Thanks for the pointer, I didn't know that flapper existed. -Chris

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks