Panasonic Whisper Warm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hopefully a pro will respond to your concern...

Many typical/various moisture issues don't affect me as I live in the Desert region of Southern California.

Mike

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Install a good dampered roof vent and use well insulated vent material and I doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Note, the longer the run, the more trouble this becomes. Running it out to a soffit is not a great idea - it neads to vent outside directly.

Molo

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for the response,

Jadnashua, the soffit vent method does in fact take the vent outside. It exits the soffit with the same vent housing that is used in going out the side of the home.
Also, It is true (from my research) that the shorter the run and insulating the run both reduce condensation. Will the damper that you are referring to also help?

Thanks,
Molo

eolafan

Reaction score
They're ususally easier to replace from the top.
You want a Broan model QTRE080R, which is 80 cfm and 0.8 sones and can be installed replacign an existing fan (in most cases) without going into the attic based on the special installation features of this unit. Keep in mind this is avilable only in an 80 cfm rating and not with a light. The 80 cfm rating is far and away the most approprite fan size for the average American bathroom.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks