Where to buy: Flush handle that pulls left rather than up.

Users who are viewing this thread

JTT

Reaction score
We just moved into a new place that has these power fush water saving things in all the tanks and it seems only one of them really works right. Because they're theyse special types of toilets they don't use the same type of flushing handle most toilets do.

Most have the lever and a long arm that gives you leverage in the upward direction which pulls the flap up and flushes the toilet.

These water saver things have a button that needs to be pused. It's near the top of the tank and requires leverage going accross the tank rather than up.

Anyone ever run accross anything like this? I've looked at Home Depot and OSH but they only have your basic flushers.

I've attached a crude picture for everyone to make fun of until someone can actually answer me and let me know where to get the part I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• toilet.jpg
    toilet.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 347

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
From your drawing , I am thinking you have the PF2 Energizer flush system, and possibly an Eljer Aquasaver toiler. In any event, the proper handle will be available from a good plumbing supply house.

eljer_pf2_inside_tank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JTT

Reaction score
I checked it more when I got home.

Yes, it's a WCTC PF/2 system. I didn't catch the actual toilet tank manufacturer.

Thanks for the advise. I'll check for one in my area.

If you happen to know this, is it normal for there to be a small amount of water in the toilet tank with these systems? Maybe less than an inch. Or might there be a seal loose?

Scott

Flushmate
Reaction score
Website
www.flushmate.com
It isn't unusual for a pressure-assist system to expel small amounts of water through the air-inducer valve or vacuum breaker as they open and close each time the toilet is flushed.

The best designed systems include a valve near the bottom of the pressure-tank that opens with each flush and should draw in any standing water and direct it into the bowl. Depending on how close to the bottom of the china tank this valve is positioned, up to an inch of water might not be abnormal.

JTT

Reaction score
Thanks Scott,

Ya, it's not much and doesn't seem to be gaining any ground.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks