(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Toto Ultramax w/Sanagloss - worth the extra $$?

Question Toto Ultramax w/Sanagloss - worth the extra $$?

I am going to have several Ultramax toilets installed in my new home. Your site notes that the Ultramax now comes with the Sanagloss finish. What I'd like to know is if you have installed any toilets with this finish and whether you have noticed a difference in how the bowl resists staining, etc. If anyone else has a Toto toilet with the Sanagloss finish, would appreciate your feedback on well it works. Thanks!
    Last edited by Suzanne; 09-17-2004 at 07:11 AM.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

I've had a Vespin for nearly 2 years. WOrks fine. We have some algae that grows in the tank if you don't use it too often. It brushes right off. On my old toilet, you had to scrub it off. In general, no brown streaks either!

Note, some people are finatics, and use strong cleaners on everything (the Sanagloss has some natural properties that help in this area). You can't use them on the finish, you'll destroy the special properties. You can read about it on the www.totousa.com site. If you do a google search, I think you will find some reviews as well (Popular Science, if I remember correctly).

I've got a new vanity sink with that finish ready, soon, to install. I hope it works as well as the toilet.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014