delayed start

Users who are viewing this thread

jsmith6752

Reaction score
I have a gould submersible pump in my well. I just replaced the pressure switch as a first step . My problem is that when the switch clicks on to power the pump it has a delay of 10 seconds. I checked it with a amp meter and it is not drawing any juice until you actually hear the pump come on. The pump starts and after a few seconds I notice a difference in the sound of the water volume? It has 3 wires and only 2 are hooked up. The yellow wire is not connected. Is there any way to test the wires without pulling the pump with a voltmeter? thanks...Jim

toddo1

Reaction score
I have this exact same issue with a Gould submersable pump. Was there any resolution here?

Speedbump

Reaction score
So the pressure switch points come together and the amp meter is reading zero. In ten seconds the motor starts and the ampmeter is showing what? Are you sure it isn't just low amps at first then they climb higher in ten seconds? If you have a volt meter, put it on the two contacts that feed the pump motor before the points in the switch click shut and see if it takes ten seconds for the voltage to jump from zero to 230.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks