Toto with 10" rough-in?

Users who are viewing this thread

HoneySuckle

Reaction score
Does this exist? Our plumber said my Toto Drake elongated won't fit because it has a 12" rough-in and the space we have now is for 10":( . The place I bought my toilet won't let me return it so I have to use it in another bathroom.

closer

Reaction score
HoneySuckle said:
Does this exist? Our plumber said my Toto Drake elongated won't fit because it has a 12" rough-in and the space we have now is for 10":( . The place I bought my toilet won't let me return it so I have to use it in another bathroom.

we are looking for toilets right now and have just seen the Toto and are really interested... one dealer told us about the 10" dilemma... all he suggested is that for those not having 12" they consider knocking out a few inches of the wall in behind and rebuilding it as a recessed area... could look very good too if done properly IMO... if not there are probably lots of folks on this forum, depending on where you live that would take this one off your hands...

like... me... if you live nearby!;)

HoneySuckle

Reaction score
Take it off my hands? For the right price, sure you can:p

I don't know if it's worth the bother to try and recess the toilet though. The space is already too small so the builder squeezed in this toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Toto makes the Vespin, Carrollton, Carlyle, and others with skirts that allow diffent trap kits to change roughin. (Unifit adapter)

unifit_1.jpg

Other brands tend to sell thin tanks that allow the toilet to be closer.
Though most 12" toilets will work at 11", and less than 11" needs some sort of 10" solution.

toomanyquestions

Reaction score
Toto guinevere and soiree with 10 in rough?

soiree_angle.jpg

Toto Soiree
I also have the 10 inch rough problem. I told my plumber I was going to get a toto but hadn't decided which one - so he did all the plumbing -and then told me I needed to get a 10 inch rough. That left me with just a few models - most of I ruled out because they are too modern looking - so after ruling out the vespin and carrolton because they look huge and overbearing I find the only ones that would work visually are the Guinevere and the soiree which Toto tells me come in a 10inch.. Of course they are the most expensive because of the Double Cyclone System. Whatever that is.... How good are these toilets? For the price they sell for they should not only be able to flush an elephant they should do it silently as well!
soiree_cyclone.jpg

ms974_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks