Aquia vs. Drake

Users who are viewing this thread

TPA

Reaction score
Okay, I'm finally at a point in my remodel where it's time to replace the toilets. I've always spec'd out Toto Drake toilets for just about every project I've ever done. I've yet to ever use a plunger on a Drake. In my other residence, I have Drake and Pacifica toilets, with the Drakes having better performance than the Pacificas.

I'm very curious about the Aquia, but am worried about it being a washdown fixture. My current Amer. Std. toilets are washdowns and aren't worth sh*tting in, and have forced me to become well-versed in using the plunger and/or toilet auger quite regularly.

Has anyone out there used (or better, lived with) the Drake and Aquia and can give a comparison?

Thanks!

Also, does anyone have a copy of the manual that they could attach? I've been looking for it on ToTo's website, but haven't been able to find anything.

cst804s-terrylove-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
TPA said:
Okay, I'm finally at a point in my remodel where it's time to replace the toilets. I've always spec'd out Toto Drake toilets for just about every project I've ever done. I've yet to ever use a plunger on a Drake. In my other residence, I have Drake and Pacifica toilets, with the Drakes having better performance than the Pacificas.

I'm very curious about the Aquia, but am worried about it being a washdown fixture. My current Amer. Std. toilets are washdowns and aren't worth sh*tting in, and have forced me to become well-versed in using the plunger and/or toilet auger quite regularly.

Has anyone out there used (or better, lived with) the Drake and Aquia and can give a comparison?

Thanks!

Also, does anyone have a copy of the manual that they could attach? I've been looking for it on ToTo's website, but haven't been able to find anything.

Love my Dual flush Aquia. Drake reputation is well established although I don't own one.
Most Aquia owners have considerably less than one year experience with it.
It's new in US. It's been in Thailand for 7 years now.
Any of my concerns prior to buying one are non-issues.
The lower end .9 gpf for liquid and paper is extremely robust.

Seriously -all liquid and paper is Gone in about 1 second.
It's about that fast.

Imagine a 3 tiered funnel with all the water energy focused at the end of the funnel.

Water is expensive where I live. I estimate that I save nearly 10 bucks per month with this toilet.

You won't need that plunger BTW.

Mike

racker

Reaction score
TPA said:

Email TOTO customer service (custservice@totousa.com) to request a copy.

Doug

TPA

Reaction score
Any smearing differences (more/less) than the Ultramax? I know the Pacifica doesn't wash the bowl as well as the Drake does. Also, what is the installation on the Aquia like compared to the Unifit? From what I can tell, it's basically the same deal, just with a horizontal inlet rather than vertical inlet.

Thanks guys!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks