(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: fleck 7000 or clack ?? help

Default fleck 7000 or clack ?? help

I Live in Canada and have just got an estimate for a water softener. I have 20 000grain of hardness and my iron is at 1. there are 4 adults and 2 children 1 and 4 in the household.

The salesman recommended either a softener with a fleck 7000 or another with a clack. I cant tell what kind of clack it is, it doesnt have the 5 horizontal buttons like the WS1 it has 5 buttons with 3 on top and 2 under.

here is a link to the clack it is the f2cc http://www.waterite.com/fusion2_w_softeners.html

any recommendation would be appreciated

thank you

Previous member

I have 20 000grain of hardness and my iron is at 1.
    Were the three zeroes not supposed to show??? I can believe 20 grains, but 20,000 is a bit much.

bob...

That Clack is a different circuit board and cover than the 5 button straight across. The rest of the valve is basically the same. Either version is the right choice.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

thank you very much would the clack be better than the fleck ?

Yes it's better. It has fewer and less expensive parts, it is the easiest and quickest to repair while having the same piston, seals and spacer design as Fleck because it was designed by 3 ex-Fleck engineers with over 70 years combined experience at Fleck. The only Fleck that comes close is the 7000 but... it is fairly far behind. The 7000 has variable brining and although that may save a few lbs of salt and that is questionable, it will use more water.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.