Bathroom Sink Leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

colden

Reaction score
Our single handle bathroom sink faucet leaks on the hot side. It's a steady flow so the hot side was turned off. How is this fixed?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Depends on the brand as far as what parts you need to fix it. Do you know what brand of faucet it is? Can you post a pic of it if you don't know?

colden

Reaction score
Cass said:
Depends on the brand as far as what parts you need to fix it. Do you know what brand of faucet it is? Can you post a pic of it if you don't know?
I forgot the brand, but here's the picture.

Attachments

• faucet.gif
    faucet.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 381

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Is there an allen screw under wher you grab the handle?

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. Is it leaking on top of the sink where the handle lever screws in, or is the hot water dripping inside the sink from the spout?

Once you get the handle off, look to see if there is a cartridge that pulls out--like a Moen. or a ball-like valve stem--like a Delta.

Last edited:

colden

Reaction score
Found it! A little plastic doodad, half blue, half red, had to be popped off to find the pit where a philips head screwdriver fit. It's a ball type faucet and the left (hot) washer was nicked. Anybody know how a practically new faucet could get a nicked washer? Off to the hardware store I go....

Thanks....

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yep.. trash under the washer when assembled or got in there after installation because water line was not flushed out before connecting to sink. I just replaced a ripped up faucet washer in a brand spanking new house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks