Good fences do not make good neighbors - cont.

Users who are viewing this thread

esaul

Reaction score
Well, here is what happened since i last posted this article a few weeks ago.

My insurance company investigated the area of the incident and determined that there was no way that i had caused any damage based on my story, his story, and the plumber's story (which is the real juicy part...)

Apparently my neighbor had LIED about what the plumber said when he came over to my house with the $2300 bill. He told me his plumber said there was damage to the pipe and it was clear it had been done at or near the fence where i had dug up some post holes. After talking to my agent, the plumber's real story was basically there was no way to tell where the damage was because he didnt even dig near the fence at all. There was pipe damage but there was no way to tell how it happened or what caused it.

So basically my dumbass neighbor thought he could take me for a ride in getting me to pay for his water main leak. I sure gave him an earful that night when he got home. ANd i am telling all of the neighbors what this guy tried to pull on me.

Bad Karma is coming his way...

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Way to go! Too bad there are assholes like that in the world, but it's good to hear about one getting what was coming to him.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I somehow have a dog that knows how to fill a brown paper bag with his finest fill.

Sounds like you need a dog that is trained like mine, and even drops it off at the front door, flaming. :D

You could go ahead and pay him the claim and turn right back around and sue him for insurance fraud. Insurance companies will go ahead and pay claims knowing they have a solid case to prove fraud.

Beats the dog idea all to hell.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
bad, bad Karma

that takes a very special kind of person to
try and pull off something like this with the
neighbor..... he must have some bad mental problems
to really think that he would not get caught....

I guess when the Insurance reps
confronted the plumber he was honest and
probably just told the truth....

you ought to paint the neighbors side of that fence row

a nice bright luminus orange or green..... maybe with
a purple stripe right down the middle of it too...

something he can look at every morning...

you got some fun times ahead of you with that guy...

Molo

Reaction score
Don't let him get away with this! Nail this SOB, call some attorny's and some insurance companies and nail him. This scumbag needs to be disciplined for this kind of scam. He was scamming you and the insurance company. Like rugged said, the fact that the insurance company got involved gives you alot of leverage and a good ally to nail this guy for something, even if it's a couple hundred bucks. The dog crap would be funny but getting a check from this guy would be even funnier.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks