Adding a Laundry Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

srubin1701

Reaction score
So I want to add a laundry sink next to the washing machine and dryer. I can T into the PVC supply lines or come up through the basement...

The problem is on the Drain side.

Can I simply T into the vertical drain line below where the washing machine pumps its discharge into? ... I'm only 2 feet from the drain.

As another alternative, I could drill the waste line down into the basement and tie into the stack there, but I'm not sure about the vent.

Another thought was to use an AAV, although I get the impression that plumbers arent' particularly happy with them....

Anythoughts are appreciated, I'd like to install this over the thanksgiving break.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
washer_rough_b.jpg

Many places will want a vent for both fixtures.
I think that if you use an AAV, that it would be better for the sink, than the washer.
Hammer arrestors on the water supply are a good idea too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks