leeching fields and cesspools in a high water table

Users who are viewing this thread

juan

Reaction score
i own a small ranch 100 yards from the ocean, and although it's beautiful, it has a very high water table and my drain system has become an issue. i cant install cesspools taller than 2 feet because as soon as i go down 3 feet i hit water. i have installed four 2 feet deep, 6 feet round rings. the problem is that when i run laundry or on a high tide day, the water runs out of places to go. i've been considering adding a leeching field, but i dont know if that will help, or pull ground water into the ceptic system.

is there a minimum height that the leeching field must be? ideally a foot below the ground would keep it away from ground water, but i dont know if that will allow the smell to come up(or create a muddy mess for that matter).

i've tried draining the pools, but to no avail as the next day they are filled with ground water again. any advise as to how i can cure theis problem?
thanks in advance.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you have land away from the ocean, you can pump the deptic tank output to a leach field that is farther above the water table and away from the ocean.

In the US it has become common to put leach fields in a mound that is constructed above the water table.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks