10" rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

sanddab

Reaction score
I want to replace my 35 year old toilets and would like Toto Drakes, but, I found that my toilets are 11" set-back not the 12" that most come in. Any recommendation for good toilets (under $300) that have 10" set-back?

Jim

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
rough_in.jpg

The Toto Drake will work with 11" from the back wall to the center of the drain.

Last edited:

racker

Reaction score
Terry said:
The Toto Drake will work with 11" from the back wall to the center of the drain.

Terry, are you including the ADA Drake with this measurement?

Last edited:

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
The Drake works

I installed my Toto Drake on what turned out to be a 12 1/4" roughin, and now have 1 1 /4" between the tank and the wall.

sulfur

Reaction score
Condensation/Mold?

Hi I am in the same boat. I have a 30 yr old house and the old toiles are about 11" rough from wall to bolt. The old toilets are installed to the point where the tank lids are touching the back walls (prob 1/4" gap for the tanks themselves).

I can see black mold on the wall. Which is why I am also repainting when I replace the toilets.

If I pick a new 12" rough-in that fits as close as you guys suggest, won't I have the same condensation/mold problem again?

Thanks in advance.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Mold behind the toilet?

Well, now I know why I should be happy I've got a nice gap between the tank and the wall :) .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks