Factory installed overflow?

Users who are viewing this thread

HoneySuckle

Reaction score
Is it necessary to have them install the overflow at the factory for my American Standard bathtub? They are offering this option in brass or chrome and I have no idea if I should do this or not, and which material is better.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Brass or chrome refers to the finish color. The underlying material will either be brass or plastic.

If this is a "standard" tub, the waste and overflow usually are installed on site.

HoneySuckle

Reaction score
jimbo said:
Brass or chrome refers to the finish color. The underlying material will either be brass or plastic.

If this is a "standard" tub, the waste and overflow usually are installed on site.

Well maybe HD is trying to get me to pay for these things when I order by saying it's factory installed. So basically I can just buy a regular bath tub and let the plumber supply and install overflow?:confused:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks