Moved the trap, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

andruesw

Reaction score
If you recall my old andruesw thread, I was contemplating a running trap or Rube Goldberg run to my existing p-trap for a new basement shower. I've since dug deep, removed the old p trap and run a new "unique" line to the drain. I have ensured proper elevation (quarter inch per foot), but have I created too much of a curve? Anything fundamentally wrong with this?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Presentation3.jpg
    Presentation3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 292
  • Presentation2.jpg
    Presentation2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 286

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Is this an april fools joke? The black curved pipe we see is PERFORATED corrugated COREX landscape drain. Please don't tell me it is connected to any part of your DWV system. I would like to know why it is in the house at all!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I would like to know what the black, corroguated, perforated pipe is for also.

As far as the DWV pipe goes you need to bust the concrete up more and get rid of all the bends and make the run straight and where is the vent?

V

vaplumber

I hope the black pipe is what I think it is. Ive seen these installed once upon a time to drain water from under the slab in high water table areas. Thats what it looks like to me.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It also looks like 1.5" but it is hard to tell from the pic. It should be 2".

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipe

The black pipe might be to eliminate Radon. If you had extended the straight piece of pipe further and rotated the trap the other way, you might have been able to eliminate that second 45 degree turn. But otherwise what we can see will work. No guarantees about what we cannot see, such as a vent.

andruesw

Reaction score
Black Pipe

Not sure what the black tubing is. Could be a French drain or something else. (Almost looks like a perforated leaching line or something up close.) I simply dug underneath it, so no, it's not connected to anything PVC-related, just obscuring the PVC in the picture. Thanks to all who replied.
And the vent is about 3-4 feet from where that bend is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks