(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Moved the trap, right?

Default Moved the trap, right?

If you recall my old andruesw thread, I was contemplating a running trap or Rube Goldberg run to my existing p-trap for a new basement shower. I've since dug deep, removed the old p trap and run a new "unique" line to the drain. I have ensured proper elevation (quarter inch per foot), but have I created too much of a curve? Anything fundamentally wrong with this?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Is this an april fools joke? The black curved pipe we see is PERFORATED corrugated COREX landscape drain. Please don't tell me it is connected to any part of your DWV system. I would like to know why it is in the house at all!

I would like to know what the black, corroguated, perforated pipe is for also.

As far as the DWV pipe goes you need to bust the concrete up more and get rid of all the bends and make the run straight and where is the vent?

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

Looks like Georgia red clay to me. Or Arizona.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

vaplumber

I hope the black pipe is what I think it is. Ive seen these installed once upon a time to drain water from under the slab in high water table areas. Thats what it looks like to me.

It also looks like 1.5" but it is hard to tell from the pic. It should be 2".

Default pipe

The black pipe might be to eliminate Radon. If you had extended the straight piece of pipe further and rotated the trap the other way, you might have been able to eliminate that second 45 degree turn. But otherwise what we can see will work. No guarantees about what we cannot see, such as a vent.

Default Black Pipe

Not sure what the black tubing is. Could be a French drain or something else. (Almost looks like a perforated leaching line or something up close.) I simply dug underneath it, so no, it's not connected to anything PVC-related, just obscuring the PVC in the picture. Thanks to all who replied.
    And the vent is about 3-4 feet from where that bend is.