Replaced valve stem washers--now NO WATER

Users who are viewing this thread

Freds

Reaction score
I had a slight leak in both bathrooms. One bathroom I had no problem with. The other bathroom has a hot water and a cold water handle, the shower control is in a pull-up in the tub nozzle. I replaced the washers on both valves, put them back in and now only a very little drizzle of water comes out. I had the valves opened all the way when I put them back in so the seat with a gasket would be tight. I have water at the sink and toilet. I started to take out one valve on the 3rd try and forgot to turn the water off to the house. As the valve came out the water shot out about 18 inches from the wall. I put the valves back in and turn full on and only a little drizzle. The only thing I can think of is some obstruction in the pipes in the wall after the valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks