Need seat for old American Standard!

Users who are viewing this thread

cobra2773

Reaction score
My basement bathroom has an old American Standard toilet and it works great and is yellow enlongated bowl which matches the yellow tile. The problem is the old plastic seat cracked and broke I looked for replacement seats but the bolt pattern in back is wider than now standard 5-1/2 inches my toilet is 9-7/8 inches wide. I don't want to replace the whole toilet just for a broken seat. my house was built in mid 60's I assume it's that old maybe somebody out there has encountered this problem thanks in advance for any help.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I know there are Web sites that deal with old house supplies and decorative hardware -- maybe one of them. There are several sites of people who make custom toilet seats, but they usually start with standard seat. Nevertheless, they might be able to help. Also check with local dealers of building supplies from demo'd houses; we have an outfit called "Broke & Poor" that has tons of stuff like this. Finally, Habitat for Humanity might have a store in your area dealing in used and donated items.

If all else fails, make one yourself, or have a local carpenter make one out of a good-looking wood. Do you still have the hinges from the old one?

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Do you have a regular am. Std. elongated seat or is it a particular model toilet that may need a special seat. You may need to get some numbers from the tank lid or from inside the tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks