Compression fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

Luken8r

Reaction score
Im doing some small plumbing work in my house, so I need some education on compression fittings. Can you use the brass compression fittings on any type of copper piping or just the thin, coil type pipe? I have some length of 1/2" "M" type piping which needs to be joined to a 5/8" threaded, female nut (braided sink line). I wasnt able to find a comparable sweat joint, only compression fittings at the local "big box" store. This would also make my life easier in some of the tighter spaces rather than trying my hand with the solder and torch.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Compression should be fine. Although, not sure if one is allowed inside a closed wall...

Lancaster

Reaction score
Yes you can use a compression fitting on M copper.But I havent seen any kind of fitting for a 5/8 female nut.Usually sink supplies hook up with a 3/8 OD compression fitting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks