Dirt?in the water

Users who are viewing this thread

quickstep

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.twincitybmw.com
I have a house that was built in 1965, a ranch style home. I have two large Maple trees in the front yard. OK, when I use the kitchen faucet to fill a pitcher with a water filter in it, a Brita setup, there are several black specs, dirt?, remaining in the bottom. Is it dirt that has gotten into the water line?

quickstep

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.twincitybmw.com
I checked and cleaned the aerator. The hot water heater is a good lead. how else could dirt get in the water line and not cause the water bill to jump.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
If your water line was leaking, water would be leaking out and would keep dirt from entering.

asuwish

Reaction score
carbon particles

Hey there. The brita uses activated carbon to "cleanse" the water. Sometimes you get little specks of carbon from the filter in the top part of the pitcher. (If it's a faulty filter you may get them in the bottom part of your pitcher.) Use the first two pitchers of filtered water (with a new filter) to water your plants. It is safe to drink though it looks a little grey.

Try filling up the pitcher with water without the filter and see what you get!

Hope this helps:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks