ProPex Question...

Users who are viewing this thread

OldPete

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Let's say you have a 1/2" ProPex Water Closet (Cold) Line protruding from the wall. Now, let's say you've got the 1/2" chrome sleeve that fits (slides) over the pex to make things look nice. Now you have the ProPex Ring connecting the 1/2" pex to the Angle Stop. The Ring is larger than then chrome sleeve, so you end up with about 1/2" of pex and the entire Ring showing... not very neat if you ask me, and also, how does that protect the ring and the 1/2" of pex from UV, etc.?

Thanks,
Pete

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Sorrry I can't help here I run copper into walls and make the connections there.

OldPete

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Cass said:
Sorrry I can't help here I run copper into walls and make the connections there.

Sure, Cass... do the logical thing and make my life harder! :D

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
They make copper stubouts specifically for this...then you can use any "normal" valve as you want.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
stop

They make slip on stops for that purpose, (they use a push/pull knob to open and close), although I do not consider them the best ones made.

OldPete

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, So with the Chrome Full Port Quarter-Turn Angle Stop, and the now exposed ProPex Ring and about 1/2" of 1/2" Pex Showing... what do you recommend?

Thanks again,
Pete

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Brasscraft (and I'm sure others) make compression shutoff valves designed to attach directly to the cut end of pex (is Propex, just a brand name?). In fact, it is the same valve as designed for copper with the exception that they include a stainless steel insert to reinforce the tubing so when you crank down on the compression nut, the tubing just doesn't collapse, and it can make a good connection. They also sell the bushings in bulk, if you can't find one packaged with the valve you want.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks