Leaky Valley Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Rfries_GHA

Architect
Reaction score
I have a valley tub/shower faucet with a pressure balance cartridge. When turned off it continually leaked past the valve and out through the tub spout. I disassembled the unit for cleaning and inspecting; everything looked great. Reassembled the unit but the problem remained. Purchased a new cartridge - for way too much. This didn’t solve the problem. What is my problem and what should I try next?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I never saw the Valley pressure balanced unit, but on the regular Valley cartridges it used the rubber cup seats and springs; these are the cause of drips. I would look under where the cartridge sits in the body and see if there are some little rubber cups down there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks