How to Hide Pex Plumbing??

Users who are viewing this thread

ChemicalBoy

Reaction score
I want to know if there is any product that could hide the plumbing.
Basically there is no baseboard yet but the pex is running 2 hose - Cold + Hot (with Styrofoam like Cover) along the base wall of the basement.

Planning to do vinyl floor on concrete slab, but wondering what would be a good idea to hide the plumbing first. Something like baseboards but more like an bracket....Is there such a thing that one could buy?

Thanx

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I doubt if there is anything that is actually made for this application. This is a time you have to be a bit creative. I'm thinking something along the lines of what you describe: A bracket to hold the PEX against the wall and a baseboard that was a bit wider than would otherwise be needed. You could make it with 1/4" plywood that was blocked out from the wall top and bottom enough to provide the clearance. I'd attach the plywood to the blocks with screws. Assuming a 3/4" block, your baseboard would be 1" thick.

Pewterpower

Reaction score
What about boxed aluminum that they use to make screen room enclosures. There is a 1X2 piece that you could run the pipes through, and it would kinda sorta maybe pass as baseboard.

ToolsRMe

Reaction score
Am I missing something?

This sounds like a leak waiting to happen.

I'd furr (is that the right spelling?) out the wall and make sure to properly protect the PEX.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks