Question on planning for inspection and floor drain

Users who are viewing this thread

camerono

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Appreciate any feedback on the following 2 questions:

- I'm currently well into the remodel of my house, and am ready to have the inspectors out to review the soil/below slab plumbing in my basement. I know that I need to plug and fill with water as part of the test, but am curious if I should consider putting a test T inline at the closest point to the exit to the street for simplification of plugging the water for the test?

- I'd also like to put a floor drain in the basement, and assume that the floor drain simply needs a P-trap, and then a bend to vertical (or greater that 45 degrees from horizontal) into the soil pipe (4" ABS) ? Drew a quick image (attached).

Thanks for any advice!
- C.

Attachments

• floor_drain.JPG
    floor_drain.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 328

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
bitmap drawing, shows P trap below drain line

this may help explain what I think will work. P trap is below main drain line. Connect with a Wye. Turn sideways to view it as up-down.

The drain line already has venting in it, so you don't need to create another vented stack for the floor drain.

David

Attachments

• Trap below drainpipe level.bmp
    17.6 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

camerono

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion ...

This is what I was hoping for, a potential solution. I will check with my inspector ...

Thanks again, geniescience. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks