Shower stall problem

Users who are viewing this thread

JockM

Reaction score
I have a 3x4 foot shower stall in an old cabin that was installed about 4 years ago. There is a leak just behind the shower head (when the valve is turned on, water sprays out from that area as well as coming out the showerhead). What is the likely cause? A soldered connection or a threaded connection? Also, do I have to destroy the stall to get at the problem? The hole for the shower head "neck" is too small to see through, let alone fix anything through.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Jock :confused:

Last edited:

Plumber2000

Plumber
Reaction score
Well first remove the shower arm that the head connects to apply new teflon tape and reinstall the arm, tighten and test, this maybe all that is needed.

JockM

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that. However, I believe the arm connects behind the stall wall. I guess I'll have to cut a large hole in the stall around where the head connects. Can I get a large flange to cover the hole afterwards?

The cabin is a ways away from my home. I won't be tthere til Spring.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The arm unscrews and screws back in with no clearance required. However, if the hole in the wall is just the size of the pipe, it may be difficult to see in with a flashligt to verify that the leak is fixed. A standard escutcheon flange is about 3" in diameter, so there is room for the hole to be enlarge a little.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks