Black tubing and glued fittings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Xenomorph

Reaction score
I came across and proceeded to bust a 1/2" cold water line inside a building of black tubing which seemed to be glued into fittings...any ideas what this might be?

Thx.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Your saying the 1/2" water line is a black material?

The only black material I know of is ABS and I have never seen 1/2" water line in it.

Is it black all the way through?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I am also at a loss. The only water supply I have ever seen in black is polyethylene. It is not glued ( no glue will even stick to it) and it is never used inside, only for underground service line.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tubing

A "long" time ago there was small ABS tubing. Mobile homes and gas utilitities were the major users, although some cities used it for the supply to the water meter.

Xenomorph

Reaction score
I will try and take the tubing into home depot today to see if they can provide some kind of adaptor fitting. I will try to post a pic of this stuff soon.

Xenomorph

Reaction score
Well i decided to take a knife to the tubing and found that it was CPVC that was painted black at some point. Guess I'll have to use a sharkbite on it.

Thx alot for the info guys.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks